Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot post all of my photos because I am writing from dodgy internet cafes in Cape Town, Poland, etc! However, rest assured they are coming soon as soon as I return to the US.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Chinese names

I just thought I'd put it out there that these are the names of some of the students I met while I was in China. Though most of them get assigned an "English name" by their teacher when they are much younger, some of them later decide to change them, with varying results.
CASE & POINT:

Caesar

Johnson

Helen Bill
Riancy
Jazz

Eagle

Rainy
Mercury
King
Jet-Li
Cream

John Rambo
Voldemort [there were two of these and both were girls]

Ink
Forest
G
Rossi
Lupin
Chilee
Alou
Melly
Neo
Why
Show
Orange
Blue Sky
Armstrong

P.S. The drawing to the right was a gift from one of the students, Lynn Ye, thankfully not featured in the list above.

No comments: